Maybe it’s the memories they evoke of childhood polishes jam-packed with sparkles or perhaps it’s just that they give us a way to twinkle (literally) even if we don’t have the confidence to pull off a head-to-toe sequined number. Regardless, we’re smitten – and there is no one who does glittery nail lacquers like the one and only Deborah Lippmann (the woman behind the nails of everyone from Anne Hathaway at the Oscars to Lady Gaga at the Grammy’s to too many fashion designers’ runway shows to even begin to list here).
How to prevent polish chips!
Even women for whom glittery polish seems a bit too bold – for whom Ballet Slippers and Mademoiselle are more their speed – are often sold on the chunky, sparkly lacquers if for no other reason than their serious staying power. While regular polishes give us 3-5 days of pretty pinkies, glittery hues keep our fingers fabulous for much, much longer. But, as Deborah Lippman told us, while everyone loves how glitter polishes last, it’s also what we hate about them: they’re just so damn hard to get off!
How to give yourself an anti-aging manicure!
The glitter polish queen, though, Deborah Lippmann herself, shared with us her tips for removing her sparkly shades with ease!
How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish
1. Place one piece of saturated cotton or one Finger Mitt on each finger (for easier maneuvering, do just one hand at a time).
2. Saturate small pieces of cotton or Deborah Lippmann’s The Stripper To Go Nail Lacquer Remover Finger Mitts ($12 at Nordstrom.com) with The Stripper nail polish remover ($18 at Nordstrom.com)
3. Let sit for 1 full minute.
4. Pull cotton, aluminum foil (and polish!) off in one swipe!
5. Use additional remover to get off any residual pieces but do not rub
6. Cover each piece of saturated cotton with a small piece of aluminum foil.